Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meet the Teacher ~ Richard Salley

Richard Salley


I took Richard Salley's torch fire enameling class last year at Bead & Button Show and loved every moment.  I had no idea torch fire enameling was so fun and easy.  It's a really forgiving technique and if you don't like the piece after firing, sift some more and fire again.  A lot of my favorite pieces were a result of multiple firings.

I also love Richard's unique and distinguished jewelry designs.  This year I wanted to learn soldering and bezel setting and this class was perfect. Richard's Website features his work from 2005 and it's a collection of gorgeous designs.  You will also find great tutorials and all the workshops you can find him.  If you have an opportunity to take one of his classes, I highly recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment